Book review: Excellent Dementia Care in Hospitals
Excellent Dementia Care in Hospitals: A Guide to Supporting People with Dementia and their Carers
Jo James, Beth Cotton, Jules Knight et al
£16.99 | 192pp
Specialist nurse Jo James and colleagues in the dementia team at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust share their expertise and profound understanding of the needs of people with dementia in hospital in this useful guide for nurses and healthcare assistants (HCAs).
Individual case studies drive each chapter’s practical focus and person-centred approach, closing with pointers for registered staff and HCAs on how to make best practice happen. The chosen structure is highly effective in putting the person before the problem, and maintains a strong readability throughout.
Accessibility is a strength of this book, although in a few places it has led to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests