‘Care of older people is our biggest issue’
Picture credit: Nathan Clarke
To describe June Andrews as a nurse is accurate but inadequate. Although proud of her nursing roots, she is also an author, an adviser, a consultant, a professor, an international expert on dementia care and an inspiration to many.
She is a woman who makes things happen. For the past decade she has been doing so as director of the world-renowned Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC) at the University of Stirling.
For more than 25 years, the DSDC has worked to make services better, and communities and care environments more dementia-friendly. It has disseminated evidence-based research showing best practice around the world. It has influenced policy to help make dementia more tolerable for those who live with it and those close to them....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests