Practice question: music in care homes
How can I set up a musical group for residents in my care home?
Groups that engage residents in singing, dancing or music are becoming common in care homes, and are likely to have health and social benefits for many people.
There is evidence that engagement in these activities can benefit the well-being and movement of individuals with Parkinson’s disease, for example, and they may also be of interest to residents more generally.
The motivation to set up these activities often comes from an enthusiastic member of staff or a resident with a specific talent.
As with all...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests