Book review: Introducing Mental Health: A Practical Guide (Second edition)
Introducing Mental Health: A Practical Guide (Second edition)
Caroline Kinsella and Connor Kinsella
Jessica Kingsley Publishers
£16.99 | 200pp
The first edition of this book was published in 2006 and the Kinsellas have done an excellent job of bringing it up to date. It is written in a way that readers can either digest it from cover-to-cover or just dip in and out, selecting elements relevant to their practice. The new chapter on criminal justice and the review of Mental Health Act are examples of this style.
Chapters offer readers leading concepts, skills and techniques to assist in clinical practice. This can be seen in the updated recovery process, which is now based on current practice, rather than on the medical model.
Sections on Caldicott guardians, the Mental Health Act and the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests