Taking the service to the service user could improve access to mental healthcare in rural areas
Helen Oatham says roving clinics can help provide care in remote places
In May, RCN congress voted for council to lobby governments across the UK for better rural healthcare provision (Jones-Berry 2019a).
While relevant issues around access, response times, loneliness and technology were raised, debate was largely in the context of physical health and did not fully address the relationship between physical and mental health and drivers for parity of esteem.
- RELATED: Digital therapy recommended as first-line treatment for children and young people with mild depression
I am a registered mental health...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests