Nurse bodycam use: a benefit or a waste of resources?
In light of trial results suggesting that use of body cameras can reduce reliance on restraint, leading mental health nurses Karen Wright and Rachel Luby discuss implications for service users and providers
If we want to reconsider the use of body cameras, we need to look wider than the limited research done in mental health wards. We have to respect that the broader view is worth looking at, even though we recognise there may be limited transferability from other possibly non-clinical populations and their use of body cameras.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests