Flu vaccine: what mental health nurses need to do
Equally Well UK campaign to reduce health inequalities for people with serious mental illness wants nurses to join its lobbying for flu vaccine priority status
Mental health nurses see firsthand the health inequalities that people with serious mental illness (SMI) experience. We also play a role in working to reduce the effects of these inequalities.
Equally Well UK , a collaboration of organisations committed to equal physical health for people living with SMI, is calling on all nurses to join its campaign for the Department of Health and Social Care to make people with SMI a priority group for the influenza vaccination, as part of parity of esteem.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests