Adding personal health budgets to your mental health nursing skill set
Personal health budgets allow patients to use NHS funding to purchase mental healthcare outside traditionally commissioned services
- Personal health budgets (PHBs) will be an integral part of health services and could become mandatory
- There are three types of PHB to consider when formulating patient care plans
- PHBs empower mental health service users to self-manage care and regain control of their lives
Personal health budgets (PHBs) can personalise healthcare by giving patients more control over their healthcare funding and enabling them to use their knowledge and skills to develop care plans based on ‘what matters to them’ (NHS England 2018) .
In the context of mental health care, PHBs are also...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests