I am proud of the nurses my ex-students have become
'I want to see more mental health nurses doing research and building their own evidence base' says principal lecturer at the University of South Wales, Anne Fothergill.
What is your job?
I am a principal lecturer in mental health. My main role is to teach pre-registration mental health nurses and to act as a personal tutor to a group of mental health nursing students.
I also teach at post registration level and currently lead the MSc Professional Practice dissertation module. I supervise a range of assignments, pre-registration dissertations and Masters’ dissertations. I currently have five PhD students. The main focus of my role is to manage modules, supervise assignments and dissertations, lead research, supervise PhD students, be a personal tutor, conduct educational audits and act as link for clinical areas in a local Health Board.
As a research active...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests