Forum Focus: raising awareness of breast cancer
October has been designated national breast cancer awareness month for many years. In contrast to the Be Clear on Cancer Campaign I discussed last month, which focused on a number of related diseases that may be an early sign of lung cancer, October concentrates on a single disease that mostly affects women.
It is easy to think that awareness months are aimed solely at a public that is somehow distinct and separate from us healthcare professionals. But we are that public too as we also use healthcare services.
As members of a profession that is predominantly female, it seems natural to try to raise awareness of a cancer that affects so many women.
In the pink
It is difficult not to notice the annual campaign kicking off as supermarkets,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests