Book review: Problem Solving in Patient-Centred and Integrated Cancer Care
Problem Solving in Patient-Centred and Integrated Cancer Care Galina Velikova, Lesley Fallowfield, Jane Younger et al EBN Health £39.99 | 272pp ISBN: 9780995595408
This excellent guide is part of a problem-solving series developed and prepared by the Association of Cancer Physicians. It brings together medical oncologists, psychologists, cancer nurses and allied health professionals as authors to truly define patient centred cancer care and how to embed this within everyday practice.
Patient centred care is highlighted as everyone’s business and is achieved through integrating expert knowledge and skill related to ‘cancer the disease’ and the ‘person with cancer.’ Combined clinical and technical excellence, good communication, empathy and knowing and involving patients in decisions about their care forms the backbone of this book.
The focus on performance related outcome measures (PROMs) is of particular interest to cancer nursing. This shows how PROMS may be integrated through health...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests