Book review: Anti Cancer Living
Anti Cancer Living: The Six-step Solution to Transform Your Health Lorenzo Cohen and Alison Jefferies Vermilion £14.99 | 432pp ISBN: 9781785040757
This excellent book provides an evidence-based guide for six cancer lifestyle choices that may reduce the risk of cancer developing, aid treatment efficacy and tolerability, and improve recovery and disease control after a cancer diagnosis.
I would highly recommend this book to patients and clinicians, and have recommended it to my own family and friends.
My only reservation is that parts of the book may be difficult for some to understand.
It provides an excellent overview of cancer: what it is, the available treatments and how they work, with reference to the latest research.
The evidence supports advice to adopt six inter-related anti-cancer living strategies: connect with social support, manage stress and build resilience, make time for rest and recovery, build...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests