You, Me and the Big C podcast highlights the devastating effect of cancer recurrence
I have been following BBC radio presenter Rachael Bland as she has shared her cancer story. She is part of the BBC Radio 5 Live's You, Me and the Big C team along with Deborah James and Lauren Mahon. All three have or have had cancer at a young age, and their podcast brings a refreshing perspective on a cancer diagnosis by exploring some very personal issues in a light-hearted way.
In May, Rachael gave an emotional account of receiving the call that revealed her cancer had returned and it was incurable. There is never an easy way to be told this news. I thought about what the call meant for her, but I also thought about the person on the other end, who must have...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests