Mapping out nursing roles
A number of specialist nursing positions have emerged across the NHS. How can we raise awareness of these roles with patients and the public in general?
As the NHS celebrates 70 years, it is hard to imagine what life was like before it started. As I am a little way off 70, I have no memory of anything different.
I joined halfway through and since then, there have been many changes to the roles, responsibilities and titles of nurses. I was reflecting with a colleague recently about how chemotherapy services have evolved. Nurses and their leadership qualities have been instrumental to these changes.
And despite this, not all people affected by cancer, or indeed fellow nurses, are aware of the roles and titles that have, and continue to emerge across the NHS.
Perhaps, when patients...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests