Harnessing the potential of technology to fight cancer
Apps and digital tools can help people to customise treatment but we must make sure we create functional systems to be used in a practical environment
There has been a digital theme to my work over the past few months. I am a huge advocate of using technology and the data it can gather when it benefits patient outcomes.
In an era when mobile phones are the must have accessory, and research suggests 63% of the global population are using them, it’s a wonder we don’t offer apps or digital toolkits to allow people to customise their information needs. Before you all shout back at me saying you do already, it is still highly variable.
The RCN has recently undertaken a digital ready consultation and I think the key question is: what will help us get the best out of the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests