Forum focus: influencing policy
An important mission at the RCN is to ensure the voice of nursing is represented at all levels of the profession. Influencing policies that affect nurses forms an important strand of the work of the cancer and breast care forum. When members see adverts to join the committee, they may wonder what work might be involved.
This week, committee member Nicki Morris presented at the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Breast Cancer held at the Houses of Parliament.
Benefitting the patients
The enquiry specifically focused on geographical inequalities and breast cancer, recognising the mixed picture over access to specialist nurses at all parts of the pathway. As a committee, we gathered evidence to support this activity; drawing on the expertise of policy advisors in the RCN and professional lead Ann McMahon, speaking with members who work in the speciality and reviewing all...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests