Cancer fundraising campaigns: avoiding mixed messages
In a bid to raise funds, the Stand Up to Cancer campaign group produced a special series of popular show The Great British Bake Off. But RCN cancer and breast care forum chair Susanne Cruickshank thinks there has been a clash of messages given the publication of figures relating to obesity and cancer ahead of the series.
I am just back from a break with my family in Germany. It’s the first time for a while I have been off work over the Easter period when everything was closed; it felt good.
I had an interesting discussion with my aunt about chemotherapy administration in Germany. It seems it continues to be given primarily by doctors, which is different from the UK. It would be interesting to compare practices especially as it is more than 20 years since I started giving chemotherapy.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests