Breast cancer nursing: your guide to new RCN competency framework
The RCN has published a competency framework to inform the academic and career pathways of UK nurses at all stages of their career
According to Cancer Research UK (CRUK), 126 people in England are diagnosed with breast cancer every day.
One in seven UK females are diagnosed during their lifetime, making it the most common cancer for women in the UK.
Survival rates for breast cancer have doubled in the past 40 years. In England and Wales, 78% survive their disease for ten years or more, while around two thirds survive for at least 20 years.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests