How can nurses help patients report neutropenic sepsis earlier?
People receiving cancer treatments can be reluctant to report sepsis symptoms but this can be overcome by empowering them and building therapeutic relationships
Neutropenic sepsis occurs in around 20% of people receiving chemotherapy ( Smith et al 2006 ,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests