Harnessing the power of robotics allows me to retain the human touch
Royal Marsden theatre nurse Marie Taniacao on how her high-tech role enhances patient contact throughout the clinical pathway
As a nurse training in the Philippines in the 1990s, Marie Taniacao dreamed of becoming a theatre nurse. But she had no idea then just how far her ambition would take her.
‘Being a nurse who is able to assist during surgery would have been beyond my imagination as a student,’ says Ms Taniacao. ‘Now I’m doing my dream job and it’s at a more advanced level than I could have ever anticipated. I never thought then that I would be able to reach this far.’
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests