Urology: why this diverse specialty offers nurses huge scope to make an impact
Prostate Cancer UK clinical champion Clare Waymont is excited about the endless possibilities urology offers and is eager to enhance the specialty’s career pathway
Urology advanced nurse practitioner Clare Waymont became one of Prostate Cancer UK’s inaugural clinical champions in April – the only nurse among 22 healthcare professionals chosen by the charity.
The 18-month leadership and development programme for clinical champions includes training, individual coaching, peer support and learning, with the overall aim of delivering a project that will make a difference to prostate cancer care.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests