Survival guide for new nursing students: four things you’ll want to get right
Find out what you can do to give yourself the best chance of success as you embark on your nursing degree
Taking the first steps of your nursing career can feel like a daunting prospect, with myriad new challenges on the horizon. Here’s what you need to know in four key areas.Maintaining your well-being, finding support and networks
Identify support networks
Alex Richardson, who has just finished his mental health nursing course at Canterbury University, says you can’t have enough support as a nursing student. ‘You can gain it from your faculty, your student representative, your fellow students, your family and your friends. It’s what makes a student thrive,’ he says.
If you need help, he suggests
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests