Exercise can reduce falls by one quarter
The right kind of exercise, including balance and functional training, can reduce falls in older people, a review shows
Exercise routines can reduce the number of falls in older people, but this only applies to exercises that include an element of balance and functional training. At least one third of people over the age of 65 living in the community fall each year, and falls are the leading cause of death from accidental injury worldwide.
This Cochrane review...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests