Video case study: Comprehensive geriatric assessment in an acute setting
This is the first in a two-part series that presents video case study examples of the use of comprehensive geriatric assessment in different clinical settings
Produced as part of our resource collection on frailty , the first case study illustrates the value of a comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA) for older people during emergency admission.
It explores how the use of CGA in acute hospitals can provide patients with a higher standard of care and enable individualised planning for older people's health, safety and wellbeing.
Part 1: Introduction
In the introduction, Vicki Leah, consultant nurse for older people at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, highlights the importance of identifying frailty on presentation and the indicators used to recognise frailty in an acute setting.
Part 2: Patient referral and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests