Surprise questions that can improve end of life care
Healthcare professionals can help meet the needs of older people approaching the end of life by asking the right questions
The NHS Long Term Plan ( NHS England 2019 ) pledges to introduce personalised and proactive care planning for people identified as being in their final year of life. Improving communication with older people is vital to this.
The use of anticipatory care plans ( Fairbairn and Traue 2017 ), treatment...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests