How do I use the Clinical Frailty Scale?
Frailty identification instruments improve patient outcomes, enhance care and help plan for future needs
While it is well documented that frailty is not an inevitable part of ageing ( Afilalo et al 2019 , Young and Smithard 2020 ), healthcare professionals have a responsibility to identify people who are living with frailty and support them to optimise their health and well-being.
Establishing and developing the knowledge of how to assess and identify people living with frailty increases positive outcomes for them (Lewis et al 2020) . An effective and relatively simple way to identify frailty in clinical
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests