How can nurses and carers get involved in research?
By continually refreshing their knowledge through research, nursing and care staff can enhance patient outcomes
Research is a systematic and rigorous way of collecting and analysing data, and presenting the process and its outcomes to others.
This is in contrast to nursing’s tradition of using intuition and reflective practice. Traditional knowledge, although an important source of information, must be kept up to date. What was relevant a decade ago may not be now ( Parahoo 2014 ).
Patients admitted to research-active organisations have more confidence
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests