No one achieves change alone
For nurse researcher Claire Goodman, one of the most memorable nursing moments was as a student in the early 1980s.
‘My department received a thank-you card from a relative saying I had made a difference,’ she explains.
‘It gave me encouragement and made me realise I had chosen the right career.’Research
The former district nurse is now a professor of healthcare research at the University of Hertfordshire’s Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care – a post she has held for ten years.
She is the centre’s research lead for the older people’s research programme, which involves developing bids and carrying out research that focuses mainly on the care of older people at home and in care homes.Positive affirmations
Professor Goodman’s areas of research have included continence and bowel care, public and community engagement to boost awareness of dementia, end of life...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests