Care home support nurse
Nurses in primary care will need to adapt their ways of working due to the increasing number of frail older patients, says Anne-Marie Adams
What is your job?
As part of a wider care home support team in Wokingham, Berkshire, I help the staff in care homes, both nursing and residential, to give the best possible care to their residents. Over my five and a half years of doing this, the role has evolved to meet the needs of the staff and the residents.
Now I also take referrals and hold a caseload of patients whose care and management staff find challenging and complex.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests