The Essential Guide to Life After Bereavement
This excellent book addresses many of the most important aspects of bereavement.
It takes a rational approach to death and bereavement, and the authors emphasise the unique nature of the process for each individual.
Every chapter is augmented by brief narratives of those who have been bereaved, which are particularly effective and assist in highlighting issues that may need to be addressed, such as breaking bad news, family conflict and how to deal with the deceased individual’s personal effects.
A useful resources section gives details of where to obtain practical and emotional advice and support.
The text is accessible and free of jargon, and will be of use to anyone who has to deal with the consequences of bereavement.
Healthcare staff may be particularly interested in the chapters on how to break discomforting and upsetting news to children, people with intellectual disabilities and individuals...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests