Book review: Psychosocial Issues in Palliative Care
Psychosocial Issues in Palliative Care: A Community Based Approach for Life Limiting Illness (Third edition) Mari Lloyd-Williams Oxford University Press £34.99 | 256pp ISBN: 9780198806677
This book covers the core aspects of palliative care, giving an eye-opening perspective on the psychosocial elements. Broken down into 12 chapters, it looks at the history of palliative care, diagnostic and therapeutic management and the different types of service users, including neonates. It demonstrates a fine knowledge base and contains good examples to aid understanding of best practice.
The concept of community based care is well explained throughout the book; it explains the psychotherapy and spiritual care aspects and discusses the needs of not only patients but their families and also volunteers. Each chapter is well narrated, so readers will be able to easily understand the subjects and core messages.
The final part of the book describes the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests