Book review: Breast Cancer: Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutic Guidance
Breast Cancer: Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutic Guidance
Uwe Fischer, Friedemann Baum, Susanne Luftner-Nagel Thieme Medical Publishers 254pp | £133.50 hardback ISBN: 9783132019317
This book has some detailed sections on breast diagnostics and gives clear explanations and evidence of the surgical, medical and radiotherapy treatment options, making it a suitable team resource or reference book.
It covers benign breast conditions and the management of breast cancers through to ‘the concluding consultation’, but no mention of survivorship and follow-up, which is now embedded in UK breast care.
Disappointingly, the only mention of the nurses’ role was a reference about the benefit of having a breast care nurse accompanying the woman throughout the process. Despite the book’s mainly technical and scientific focus, there is a good quirky discussion on getting the department space right and other insights along this vein.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests