Book review: Abbreviated MRI of the Breast: A Practical Guide
Abbreviated MRI of the Breast: A Practical Guide Christopher Comstock, Christiane Kuhl Thieme £89 | 192pp ISBN: 9781626231931
This book gives a good overview of abbreviated breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in relation to the screening programmes using mammography and other techniques.
The most valuable part of the book for a breast care nurse readership is its section on clinical evidence, which puts breast MRI techniques into context.
As the book is written from a US perspective, particularly in relation to healthcare costs, it isn't entirely relevant to a UK readership. However, given debates on the benefits of screening, diagnosis and identifying biologically inert disease, it could be informative as a reference book.
I recommend it is read alongside NHS screening programme clinical guidelines and the NHS technical guidelines for MRI use.
Reviewed by Maria Leadbeater, Macmillan Cancer Information and Support...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests