App review: Ashford and St Peter’s Breast Care
This app was developed by Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals to cover essential information for patients with breast cancer in a way that is accessible and not overwhelming.
It features a ‘meet the team’ breast care nurse section and information on appointments and receiving results. The ‘living with and beyond cancer’ section also guides users to local patient support groups. While this will help allay anxieties for patients at Ashford and St Peter’s, patients at other hospitals may not find these as useful.
Even so, the treatment section may be helpful to breast cancer patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone therapies with information on consent and side effects.
It explains all aspects of breast cancer care but, as it is mostly specific to Ashford and St Peter’s, its usefulness may be limited.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests