NHS pension changes: what nurses need to know
The ‘remedy’ to address age discrimination against some scheme members comes into effect on 1 April 2022 – find out how you might be affected and where to get advice
Changes to the NHS pension come into force in April 2022 – something all nurses in a health service scheme need to be aware of, explains NHS pension specialist Graham Crossley .
‘It’s important to understand what the changes are and how they apply to you and your plans for retirement,’ says Mr Crossley, from financial management firm Quilter. ‘There is a lot of misinformation circulating and if you listen to hearsay you could end up making poor choices.’
Why are changes to the NHS pension happening?
The changes are
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests