How skin-tone prosthetic breasts lessen trauma of mastectomy
Softie bra inserts used to only come in two skin tones – ivory or beige, but nurse Sarah Adomah wanted to change this and help build up body confidence
Nurses recognise that a one-size-fits-all approach to healthcare does not work. It is vital to tailor services to individuals to ensure the needs of all patients with cancer are met – and even small changes can make a big difference.
Prosthetic bra inserts were only available in ivory or beige
A softie (sometimes known as a cumfie) is a lightweight fabric prosthesis that women with breast cancer often wear in their bra following a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests