How I made the move from NHS to private healthcare
Oncology nurse Helen Dutton describes how her move from working in the NHS to private healthcare went
When I began my nurse training 30 years ago I thought I would be working in the NHS until I retired.
But in 2017, after working in oncology for over 20 years latterly as a Macmillan lung cancer nurse specialist the pilot project I led was coming to an end and I needed a new challenge.
I joined Bupa , the UKs largest private healthcare provider, as an oncology nurse adviser.
Delivering training using clinical knowledge of cancer and its treatment
My role involves providing telephone support to people affected by cancer. The role is a varied one, including taking inbound and making outbound calls....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests