How a sunbed ban could dramatically reduce skin cancer rates
Nurses should warn the public about the dangers of sunbed use, but as two healthcare researchers argue, an outright ban would help prevent skin cancers
As part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers and clinicians from the UK and Australia, we have been working on projects concerned with the prevention of melanoma and other skin cancer.
Skin cancer is a public health problem in our countries, caused by ultraviolet radiation from the sun and from sunbeds. Research shows that sunbed users increase their risk of melanoma and other skin cancers by up to 60% .
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests