Cancer nurses must embrace the power of the #
The RCN's Nikki Morris discusses the benefits social media can bring to the nursing community
I may not have been able to attend the recent European Oncology Nursing Society conference in Barcelona, but thanks to the power of social media, I was able to follow developments almost as they happened.
It made me think about the role that social media has in nursing today.
At RCN congress, members are asked to use hashtags on socia media to help raise awareness on matters important to us, and to bring nurses together in the debating hall and beyond.
Positive side of social media #camaraderie
Snippets and stories are shared, discussions are had and the posts give a real feel for the mood of the nursing community as a whole.
And it’s always fun when a picture or quote brings...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests