Robotic surgery: a day in the life of the UK’s first robotic nursing fellow
Providing cutting-edge care is just part of the attraction for Marie Taniacao, alongside advanced skills, multidisciplinary teamwork and holistic care
In 2019, Marie Taniacao became the first robotic nursing fellow at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust in London, one of the world’s leading cancer centres.
The fellowship – the first hospital-based fellowship scheme of its kind in the UK – is designed to equip theatre nurses with the advanced knowledge and skills required to assist not only surgeons carrying out robotic operations, but in other surgical specialties too.
Master’s degree in surgical care practice
After completing the Royal College of Surgeons-accredited training, Ms Taniacao will gain a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests