Receiving cancer care in the workplace
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre offers people in the north west of England cancer care in the home or workplace
Patients living with cancer in Merseyside and Cheshire are benefiting from a pioneering service that enables them to receive treatment at work.
The nurse-led initiative is run by the Clatterbridge Cancer Centre in Merseyside and is an extension to the Clatterbridge in the Community service.
‘Our aim is to make the treatment journey as smooth as possible for all of our patients,’ says general manager for chemotherapy services at the Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Frances Yip.
‘Getting back to work is an important part of this journey for many of our patients and we want to do everything we can to help them do that while...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests