By specialising in palliative care, I believed I could make a difference
Clinical lead and hospice services manager Marie Morrissey on the ability to multitask when caring for people with terminal illnesses
What is your job?
I am the day hospice/outpatient services manager and clinical lead for EMIS [electronic record-sharing system] at Marie Curie Hospice, Belfast. At Marie Curie, we provide care and support to people living with any terminal illness and to their families.
My role is to promote excellent delivery of specialist palliative care to patients who attend our service. I manage the multidisciplinary service, which involves allied health professionals, doctors, nurses and complementary therapists. My role as EMIS clinical lead is to develop and promote excellence in electronic care recording.
Why did you become a nurse?
I have a caring nature and believed I could make a difference. I enjoy the variety of challenges that my...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Cancer Nursing Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests