Medicines management for nursing students: what you need to know
Do you feel daunted by this area of nursing practice? Here, we draw on guidance and expert advice, plus the experience of a third-year student, to support your learning
Medication management is an essential part of nursing practice, but as a complex and wide-ranging subject, it can be a daunting one for nursing students.
From administration routes and doses and contraindications and side effects, to effective communication with patients and safe storage and disposal of medicines, there is a lot to consider.
To help break these issues down, we asked five questions fundamental to safe medication practice.1. What are my professional and legal responsibilities in relation to medication management?
The section of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests