How to be clear: communication tips for compassionate care and effective teamwork
Good communication is a hallmark of safe practice and great teamwork – find out how to adapt your style to the needs of patients and the demands of busy healthcare teams
Good communication is one of the cornerstones of safe and effective nursing practice.
This is highlighted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code , which emphasises the need to communicate clearly with patients using a range of verbal and non-verbal methods, and ensure we are maintaining effective communication with colleagues.
How to apply communication theory in practice
As nursing students, we learn about communication theory in university, such as how to communicate effectively,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests