Learning disability nursing: correcting those who ask ‘Is it real nursing?’
Student and NHS ambassador Helen Morgan is challenging misunderstandings about her field
Learning disability nursing student Helen Morgan is hoping to inspire the next generation of her chosen profession when she takes up a voluntary role as a nursing NHS ambassador.
‘I’m honoured and excited. It’s a very special opportunity,’ says Ms Morgan, who is in the second year of her degree in learning disability nursing at the University of Northampton.
‘I want to get the word out about what a great career this is and the opportunities you have to make a difference.’
Work experience in a care home ignited her passion
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests