What to do when you fail an assignment
Failing a university assignment is disappointing and frustrating. But what should you do next? And how can you overcome this feedback?
In this video, tutor and nurse Amy Dopson explains the steps you should take including:
- Recognise but avoid acting on your emotions.
- Carefully consider the feedback using assignment criteria.
- Think about possible ‘quick wins’ to regain lost marks.
- Speak to your tutor.
- See if you’re entitled to extra time and support if needed.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests