Winning at teamwork and time management
Two nurse teachers created a board game to help nursing students with the serious business of clinical priorities
Students at Kings College London (KCL) often approach clinical teachers, especially during their final placement, to ask how to prioritise their time and manage a caseload of patients.
This aspect of learning can be difficult to fulfil in the classroom but board games which are increasingly being used in health professional education can offer a partial solution.
Our original idea to help students and qualified nurses prioritise professional challenges was rather grand we wanted to simulate the ward environment with actors and computerised manikins, but this proved overly ambitious in terms of space and resources....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests