Study on pause: how to help nursing students resume their courses
Strategies to support those at risk of leaving their degree courses for good, and how a pastoral lecturer programme can help students get back on track
Recruitment and retention of health and social care staff continues to be a leading national issue, as the NHS faces the greatest workforce crisis in its history.
New data from NHS Digital show there were almost 47,000 registered nurse vacancies in the NHS in England alone between April and June 2022, with 34,000 nurses leaving their NHS roles over the past 12 months – an increase of 25% on the number the previous year.
High attrition rate makes it harder for the NHS to anticipate staff shortages
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests