Sharing essays: what to do if a friend asks to see your work
Sharing expertise is crucial in nursing, but sharing your coursework could have serious consequences
Good nursing is often about good teamwork – you will hear this many times during your studies, and you will also be asked to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team in practice and in the university setting.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code i s explicit about the need for nurses to share information, expertise and knowledge, and to collaborate. But sometimes sharing your knowledge needs to be approached more cautiously.
The Code encourages collaboration
One example is if a fellow student asks you to share your written work with them. This request might come from a classmate,
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests