Planting the seeds of sepsis education
A trip to India by RCNi student award winner Katie Dutton gave a chance to share infection control knowledge
In January, I was part of a project group that travelled to Ahmedabad in India to launch a book that aims to help children understand how germs can make you ill.
A Germ’s Journey follows the journey of a germ from a surface to the hands to the stomach. It was created by two professors at De Montfort University (DMU) in Leicester – head of the infectious disease research group Katie Laird and professor of education Sarah Younie.
The book was translated into Gujarati, with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests